Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dunkel, First Impressions (Part Two)

Welcome back, my friends, to the brew that never ends.

Marco and I brewed tonight at my place (blog entry to follow tomorrow). He brought over a couple of our 1pt EZ-Cap bottles of the Dunkel, at a more flavor-compatible temperature.

After trying the not-so-chilled Dunkel, I stand by my characterization of the beer as having a distinctly roasty-toasty character, which isn't surprising for a dunkel. This was even more apparent, and the chocolatey character of the chocolate malt also came through. I thought that it tasted somewhat creamy, in addition. The hops and alcohol are definitely there, but neither whomps you upside the head.

Needless to say (and yet I say, or rather write, it anyway), I look forward to drinking more of this, especially as bottle conditioning continues to develop its flavors.

No comments: